- "I received my daughters pictures yesterday, and we love them! And we thank you so much for being able to work with us to get a package put together. We'll definitely be in shortly to your studio again. They (portraits) are beautiful, we love them!" Besty K.
Why Have Professional Portrait Photography Celebrating Your Achievement?
Because Selfies of Your High School Senior, Eagle Scout, University
and Juris Doctorate Commencement are Great for Facebook.....
....But Your Family Wants A Real Portrait For The House!
Pictures show the story of your life, reminders of achievements, places, emotions and moments in time that mold your passions, beliefs and direction in life. Take the tour of our site to see how we tell your life story in a portrait of consequence. After all, a Picture is of somebody, a Portrait is about somebody. We create portraits, creating the story about you.
'Unfinished Masterpieces' - Portraits of the Month
Our Latest Creations
- A customer comment from the University of La Verne: "Thank you so very much - we are very pleased and can not thank you enough for your attention to the matter and going beyond what we were expecting. It is apparent that you pride in your business and really care for your customers and their satisfaction - something you don't always see today. Thank you again." Sincerely, Debbie M.
- Every profession has a certification process to identify the pros from the amateurs. There are Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO), etc, etc. Professional photography also has similar professional designation, Certified Professional Photographer (CPP). It's a tough certification to achieve and the numbers tell the story. There are only 27 CPP designated photographers in Southern... [read more]
- http://vimeo.com/33919446 Scouting encompasses many things: survival skills, camping, hiking, and all the other careers represented by merit badges. In this image, William Hodge pictures one part of the Scouting experience with another art portrait.
- Some time has passed since I researched and wrote about the coming new wave in photography, the dominance of cell phone cameras, specifically the new generation of SmartPhones. (SmartPhones Morphing into The New Point & Shoot Camera for Consumers, August 3, 2011, published on this site, and published in Professional Photographers of California's September magazine.) As an exclamation mark to my article, I heard Paul Simon's song, 'Kodachrome' the other day and began to think about how art... [read more]
- A short thank you note from a recent University of La Verne graduate who just received her pictures: "The portraits are very, very, very nice, you did a wonderful job and I'm really very happy with them. Roberta L."
- Is the consumer's love affair with dedicated digital cameras coming to an end? Will consumers reacquaint themselves with professional photographers as they jettison their bulky DSLRs and unconnected point-and-shoot cameras? Has the consumer realized that little 'P' on the Mode dial doesn't think for them? Will the pinhole camera in their cell phone become the new standard for consumer imagery? Over the past several years consumers have enjoyed their new digital point-and-shoot and DSLR cam... [read more]
- You can now carry pictures of Orange County Council's Eagle Scouts in your smart phone, both Android and iPhone! You can see Orange County Council's 'Future Leaders of America' in either of these applications. Included in the App are the art canvas images '12 Points of the Scout Law' Eagle portraits currently displayed in Orange County Councils Service Center as well as video slideshows of our recent Eagle Scout portraits created by GradPortraits.com of your scouts for the Eagle Honor Wall. ... [read more]
- Portraits Showing The Power of Karate Capturing the Soul in a Picture http://www.vimeo.com/30405847 Karate is more than a workout, it helps mold the soul and builds the character within. The components of Karate portrait are not just about battle or winning that conflict. Karate embodies gratitude, consistency, self-control, individuality, balance, preparedness, compassion, attentiveness, participation, commitment, flexibility, enthusiasm and encouragement. In this karate portrait entitle... [read more]
- One of the amazing endowments of a ballet dancer is the appearance of floating through air.....the weightlessness while gliding over the stage. A ballet dancer's movement, while suspended in air, is so fleeting, so hard to capture in the mind's eye. So, it's time to take a look at their dance via a still life, frozen in time. In these ballet dancer pictures you'll see an interpretation of art, grace and power they manage. This is a continuing photographic look at Generation Y and the directio... [read more]
- What is the correct number of senior pictures to purchase for your home today? Parents purchasing professional portraits from a studio are very likely to purchase for their own home use, perhaps an 8 x 10 portrait for a 'love wall' or an 11 x 14 (or maybe a 16 x 20) for wall display. But what they forget is the future. Young adults will someday marry and have a spouse. From this come children and the need for copies of portraits purchased today. When a 10-year-old boy or girl sees a portra... [read more]
- A Boy Scout's mother had a challenge: create a portrait of her family, three boys with her husband, in a picture with a Boy Scout theme. This creation, from a studio portrait session, is the end result. Look for other Boy Scout and Scouting family themed art works in the coming months. In Boy Scouts, Baloo is the leader, a concept taken from Kipling's Jungle Story. In this image, you see a father's pride in his young Boy Scouts, and one scout to be. http://www.vimeo.com/26065879
GradPortraitsGive us a call at 714-612-0994
We are open by appointment.
'Portraits For Life, For Your Milestones'
All content Copyright 2019 by GradPortraits
'So many of our loved ones and OURSELVES avoid being photographed. A photograph of you is not for you. It is for those that love you. So many of us leave no trace of us that the people we love can hold......Be photographed. Be printed. Be held.'
'You do not make portraits of children for their parents. You make them for when the child is a parent.
'Every time a parent refuses to be in a picture with their kids, they should be reminded their kids love them just the way they are.'