- Portraits of Consequence Eagle Scout Pictures by GradPortraits Exploring the world is part of scouting, it's the place where leaders are made, fine tuned and anointed to go forth as 'America's Future Leaders.' Achieving Eagle Scout is the pinnacle achievement of the program, and creating portraits of Eagle Scouts is one of William Hodge's specialties. Caveman is his recent work depicting the exploration of slot canyons. They're known for their beautiful light and being a photographer's deli... [read more]
Why Have Professional Portrait Photography Celebrating Your Achievement?
Because Selfies of Your High School Senior, Eagle Scout, University
and Juris Doctorate Commencement are Great for Facebook.....
....But Your Family Wants A Real Portrait For The House!
Pictures show the story of your life, reminders of achievements, places, emotions and moments in time that mold your passions, beliefs and direction in life. Take the tour of our site to see how we tell your life story in a portrait of consequence. After all, a Picture is of somebody, a Portrait is about somebody. We create portraits, creating the story about you.
'Unfinished Masterpieces' - Portraits of the Month
Our Latest Creations
- Soldier, Husband, Father, Graduate: A Portrait of Achievement The path to achievement is not defined in a linear line, but is defined and achieved with tenacity on a daily basis. This describes the University of La Verne graduate who visited our studio looking for a GradPortrait and left with more, pictures from our professional portrait studio celebrating his college graduation and a portrait marking the milestone with his wife. Congratulations Morris. As we like to say, "We create portraits ... [read more]
- One Eagle Scout, Three Brothers, A Professional Studio Portrait of Consequence An Eagle Scout is another opportunity to create a Portrait of Consequence, a portrait about somebody. It's one of the great joys photographing these high achievers in our portrait studio. So, when a mother called to discuss her Eagle, and wanting a portrait with her other two sons, our idea came into focus for this portrait. 'Three Bolts of Lightening'
- A Picture's Impact, A Photo's Power Professional Portraits of Consequence After creating portraits in our professional studio, the moment of truth arrives when it comes time to edit photos. We call it, “Live Editing.” Sitting down with a customer and reviewing images, discarding some, keeping others is sometimes hard on the photographer's ego, and sometimes great for the photographer's ego. Great moments occur when a mother becomes emotional while reviewing portraits. Because as we always s... [read more]
- Light exposes the media allowing us to see black, shadow. And while many people want brighter, not darker portraits. Drama tells a story, darkness brings that drama to light. In this imagery exploring light and shadow you'll see the drama of personality, the telling of the story. And that's our goal, tell the personal story within you, to bring out the beauty within to create a memories of consequence. These new ways of thinking about shades of gray & light are available to you alo... [read more]
- A Grandmother Shares Her Thoughts On Our Professional Photography And The Portrait 'My Big Brother Is Superman' It's a magical moment, creating a portrait of consequence. If upon viewing an image we enable a viewer to savor a moment of joy and celebration, or reflect on a love in their life, we as photographers achieved our goal. When setting up this portrait 'My Big Brother Is Superman' of an Eagle Scout, a military man with his Girl Scout sister and Cub Scout brother, and checking out ... [read more]
- The Mother of an Eagle Scout Critiques Our Work This mother made our day when she called to share her thoughts about our professional studio portraits created of her son.
- Tough as Nails Athlete Portrait - Weightlifter, Model, Competitor As a professional photographer it's good veer off the beaten path to create photographic portraits exploring the genre, and expanding the repertoire of imagery. Today we present to you photography of a professional bodybuilder and competitor. The goal is to create something for her, and for the viewer, that provides not only motivation but pleasure that matches the Latin phrase, 'Virtus Tentamine Gaudet', or in English, 'Streng... [read more]
- Eagle Scout Portraits and America's Future Leaders I Have a Picture to Prove My Brother is Superman While creating senior pictures, college graduate and Eagle Scout portraits it's easy to realize these are portraits of 'America's Future Leaders.' But I never knew I'd create a portrait of Superman. This Superman came into the studio for a portrait over the holidays. This one particular Superman wanted a portrait with his Cub Scout brother and Girl Scout sister. He is an Eagle Scout, a... [read more]
- Eagle Scout Portraits Pictures of America's Future Leaders When we create portraits of Eagle Scouts, we understand the importance of creating these pictures of 'America's Future Leaders.' 'Space-Where Eagles Soar' From the US Scouting Service Project. "Of the 312 pilots and scientists selected as astronauts since 1959, at least 207 have been identified as having been Scouts or active in Scouting. The list includes 39 Eagle Scouts, 25 Life Scouts, 14 Star Scouts, 26 First Class Scouts, 1... [read more]
- 'Playin' In The Band' - Senior Pictures Professional Portraits of Consequence Senior pictures should be a portrait of consequence, telling a story about a rite-of-passage marking the transition to adulthood. That's why we are always looking for a way to peer deeper into our portrait subjects, looking for a way to show their power, vitality and beauty. We're always looking for a way to tell the story, whether that be via athletics, activities, academics or via scouting (Eagle Scouts.) ... [read more]
- Pictures of an Every Day Hero Special Needs Eagle Scout We hope that pride, and enjoyment of our work, shows through in every single portrait we create, pictures of 'America's Future Leaders.' One of our more poignant moments creating portraits, was meeting Eagle Scout Nathan Bush. Nathan has Down's Syndrome. The Boy Scout program makes room for special needs youth to achieve Eagle Scout. The institution that has created so many of America's leaders creates room for young men like Nat... [read more]
GradPortraitsGive us a call at 714-612-0994
We are open by appointment.
'Portraits For Life, For Your Milestones'
All content Copyright 2020 by GradPortraits
'So many of our loved ones and OURSELVES avoid being photographed. A photograph of you is not for you. It is for those that love you. So many of us leave no trace of us that the people we love can hold......Be photographed. Be printed. Be held.'
'You do not make portraits of children for their parents. You make them for when the child is a parent.
'Every time a parent refuses to be in a picture with their kids, they should be reminded their kids love them just the way they are.'